With his Ramallah Rant, Mahmoud Abbas Declares Intention to Proclaim a Palestinian Entity
Publications by Fiamma Nirenstein
To the European Union: Israel’s sentiments that accompany Prime Minister Netanyahu Read More »
Fiamma Nirenstein, former Italian MP: Europe’s position hurts the peace process. Read More »
Israel is better than anybody else in fighting terrorism. Read More »
Israelis are strong, prepared, and dedicated to their country Read More »
How does Israel fight as a democracy so well against terror? Read More »
Jerusalem’s connection to the Jewish people must be protected today, tomorrow, and forever. Read More »
A team of Jerusalem Center experts headed by Fiamma Nirenstein – former Vice President of the Committee on Foreign Affairs in Italy’s Chamber of Deputies – takes a very timely look at Israel’s model for dealing with terror.
Contributors to this study include Amb. Dore Gold, Brig. Gen. (res.) Yossi Kuperwasser, Amb. Freddy Eytan, Amb. Alan Baker, Dan Diker, Prof. Asa Kasher, Jennifer Roskies, and Dr. Irwin Mansdorf.
On the afternoon of March 7, 2002, Shlomi Harel, 23, a waiter looking to make a little money after completing his military service, saw a husky youth arguing with a guard at the door of Café Cafit on Emek Refaim, […] Read More »
Executive Summary: Amb. Dore Gold: Is the Terror against Europe Different from the Terror against Israel? Effective solidarity among states has become a prerequisite for ultimately succeeding in the war of the West against jihadist terrorism. Yet, in the aftermath […] Read More »
* When Abu Mazen gave his speech to the EU Assembly with his “anti-Semitic 14th century blood libel about Israelis poisoning Palestinian waters, nobody said a word; he even received a standing ovation.”
* The recent Quartet/EU document shows two attitudes: the first says “Palestinian terrorism and incitement are a big obstacle to peace. Afterwards is the same old point about settlements which is the European fixation. That’s a European mantra.”
* Abu Mazen thinks “the Europeans will always be on his side…. The Europeans always vote together like a superstition. [The EU representative for foreign affairs] Federica Mogherini repeats all the time ‘the unity, the unity, the unity of the EU.’ Why do they say that? Because the unity is not there. The only kind of union they can repeat is the unity against Israel.” Read More »
* We must never ignore that Europe has been an anti-Semitic continent, not only Germany and Italy.
* Europe never avoided fighting anti-Semitism after World War II.
* Now, anti-Semitism is connected to “Israelphobia.”
* The EU was born to destroy borders, to overcome ethnic and religious identities. In the eyes of Europe, Israel is a country with borders, defends its borders, searching for roots, identity and has a strong religious drive …. Israel is always at war; “war” is a word that Europe cannot stand. Read More »
Israel, contrary to commonly accepted propaganda, is a positive model, a case study for anyone who finds himself living in a democratic society that must eventually confront a defensive war- one that encompasses the entire universe of Western democracy today. Read More »
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been far from a marginal issue in Italian politics. A few decades ago the Italian Left started to use the conflict as a strategic instrument to build domestic political alliances. The Communist Party, which in the 1990s reconstructed itself as the Democrats of the Left (DS) with which most former communists affiliate, used its criticism of Israel for bridge building with the Christian Democrats. These were Italy’s largest parties up to the early 1990s. Read More »