Europe and Israel
Europe and Israel: In-Depth Reports
Why did the UN and Europe press for diplomatic action now, in the waning days of Obama’s Administration?
Amb. Dore Gold explains the sudden interest in the Arab-Israeli conflict that led to the Paris Peace Conference that took place in mid January 2017. Read More »
Only direct negotiations have worked in creating peace treaties for Israel and its neighbors; an international forum pushes peace further away. Read More »
Why Israel Will Not Attend Read More »
John-Paul Himka and Joanna Beata Michlic, eds., Bringing the Dark Past to Light: The Reception of the Holocaust in Post-Communist Europe
Bringing the Dark Past to Light offers many examples of the manipulation of history and its impact upon numerous aspects of daily life. Read More »
Building a new geo-strategic partnership in the eastern Mediterranean. Read More »
Do primaries reflect a French turn to the Right? Read More »
The Palestinian Authority’s annual budget lists hundreds of millions of dollars to fund terrorists in prison, so-called martyrs’ families. The Jerusalem Center’s Yossi Kuperwasser challenges the international donors to end this illegal and immoral practice. Read More »
Trump breaks European political and diplomatic norms Read More »
In recent months, a large number of extreme anti-Semitic expressions by elected representatives of the British Labour Party have come to light. The publicity has forced Labour, which is under the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn, to investigate anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and racism in the party. The anti-Semitism issue is overshadowed by the many consequences of Brexit, which include a major crisis in Labour. Read More »
* When Abu Mazen gave his speech to the EU Assembly with his “anti-Semitic 14th century blood libel about Israelis poisoning Palestinian waters, nobody said a word; he even received a standing ovation.”
* The recent Quartet/EU document shows two attitudes: the first says “Palestinian terrorism and incitement are a big obstacle to peace. Afterwards is the same old point about settlements which is the European fixation. That’s a European mantra.”
* Abu Mazen thinks “the Europeans will always be on his side…. The Europeans always vote together like a superstition. [The EU representative for foreign affairs] Federica Mogherini repeats all the time ‘the unity, the unity, the unity of the EU.’ Why do they say that? Because the unity is not there. The only kind of union they can repeat is the unity against Israel.” Read More »
* We must never ignore that Europe has been an anti-Semitic continent, not only Germany and Italy.
* Europe never avoided fighting anti-Semitism after World War II.
* Now, anti-Semitism is connected to “Israelphobia.”
* The EU was born to destroy borders, to overcome ethnic and religious identities. In the eyes of Europe, Israel is a country with borders, defends its borders, searching for roots, identity and has a strong religious drive …. Israel is always at war; “war” is a word that Europe cannot stand. Read More »
Does France grasp the nature of the threat? Read More »
Brexit won’t break Israel’s relations with Britain or Europe Read More »
Michel Houellebecq, Soumission (Submission), Paris: Éditions Flammarion, 2015, 300 pp. Designated as “the most important novel of 2015,” Soumission, by Michel Houellebecq , is a provocative French political cautionary tale. Houellebecq is a well-known, controversial French poet, film-maker and writer. […] Read More »