The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, in partnership with the new Center for European Studies to Counter Antisemitism in Florence, Italy, held a roundtable zoom consultation on January 26, 2023, on “The Memory of the Holocaust and the Shared Moral Struggle against Antisemitism,” in honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, with a focus on the fight against the new anti-Semitism in Europe.
The evening was sponsored and led by Dario Nardella, the Mayor of Florence, and Fiamma Nirenstein, a former member of the Italian Parliament and a senior fellow at the Jerusalem Center.
A joint declaration was approved to fight together against the new Antisemitism that today targets the State of Israel as the source of evil and not just classic Antisemitism against Jews.
- Participants included:
- Dario Nardella, Mayor of Florence
- Fleur Hassan-Nahoum, Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem
- Hon. Giulio Terzi di Santagata, President, Commission of European Affairs, Italian Parliament
- Dan Diker, President, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- Marco Carrai, Honorary Consul of Israel, Co-President, Center for European Studies to Counter Antisemitism
- Fiamma Nirenstein, Senior Fellow and Director, Program on Antisemitism and Israel-Europe, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs; Co-President, Center for European Studies to Counter Antisemitism
- Francesco Maria Talo, Strategic Advisor to the Prime Minister of Italy
- Franco Modigliani, founder, The Voice of the Regions
- Rabbi Abraham Cooper, Associate Dean and Director of Global Social Action Agenda for the Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Pastor Dumansani Washington, founder, Institute for Black Solidarity with Israel
- Ahmed Obaid AlMansoori, former member of the Federal National Council, United Arab Emirates. Founder and owner, Crossroads of Civilizations Museum. Founder of the first permanent Holocaust Memorial Exhibit in the Arab and Islamic world outside of Israel.
- Monsignor Vincenzo Paglia, President, the Pontifical Academy of Life
- Reverend Canon Brian Cox, President, Institute for Faith-Based Diplomacy