Terror Links, Violence, Bigotry and Intimidation on US Campuses
expanded and updated
- The Students for Justice in Palestine network is the leading student arm of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement in the United States.
- SJP is not a “grassroots” student organization; it is a terror-supporting, anti- Semitic network that harasses and intimidates Israel-friendly students and operates with autonomy and impunity at scores of colleges and universities across the United States.
- SJP’s founders, financial patrons and ideological supporters have been linked to Islamist and Palestinian terror organizations such as Hamas, Hizbullah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the Marxist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- The annual National Students for Justice in Palestine (National SJP) conference, attended by over 200 local university SJP chapters, serves as a conduit to drive radical terror discourse, violence and anti-Semitism at colleges and universities across the United Students for Justice in Palestine is a byproduct of American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), an organization whose leaders were former members of Palestinian and Islamist terror AMP was founded in 2005 by the former leaders of three organizations; KindHearts, the Islamic Association for Palestine, and the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development. All three organizations were implicated by the US government between 2001 and 2011 for links to Islamist terror organizations.
- Jewish students on campuses across the United States have been victimized by anti-Semitic vandalism, verbal attacks, and outright violence at the hands of SJP members.
- SJP has adopted a policy of “anti-normalization” of relations with Zionist groups and most Jewish campus organizations, with the exception of the equally radical, anti-Zionist and pro-BDS Jewish Voice for Students for Justice in Palestine advances their proprietary view of Palestinian justice by undertaking initiatives to isolate, demonize, and ultimately destroy the state of Israel.
- Brandeis University and AMCHA Initiative studies reveal a direct correlation between BDS activities and anti-Semitism on campuses with large Jewish student The studies also found a correlation between the presence of SJP and a rise in campus anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism.
- According to National SJP, by the end of 2017 there were approximately 200 SJP chapters across the United States.
- Only one university in North America, Fordham in New York, has rejected a student request to form an SJP Dean of Students Keith Eldredge declared that a SJP chapter should not be established “in order to prevent polarization [on campus]…and the resulting possible negative impacts on student safety and the general security of the Fordham community.”
- Professors who serve as faculty advisors to SJP act as de facto campus liaisons between SJP chapters and Palestinian terrorists. These professors have encouraged students to support Palestinian terrorists, have included readings in their undergraduate class curricula by convicted Palestinian terror leader Ghassan Kanafani, have publicly encouraged violent “Palestinian resistance” against Israel, and have spread anti-Semitic libels about Israel.