Iran Marks Ashura and the Takeover of the U.S. Embassy in TehranThe Shiite holy period of Ashura could be marked with more Sunni-Shiite violence.
Founded jointly with the Wechsler Family Foundation
Recent Publications and Videos
- Recognition of Palestine – Legally Questionable
“Recognition of Palestine” Hinders Peace Negotiations
- Role of Hamas and Fatah in the Jerusalem Disturbances
The Brotherhood’s strategy hopes to unite all of the region’s Islamic movements around the idea of the Muslim Caliphate with the Al-Aqsa Mosque as its hub.
- The First Hizbullah Attack against Israel since 2006
For the first time since the Second Lebanon War in 2006, Hizbullah claimed responsibility for an attack against Israeli forces.
- Abbas Justifies Palestinian Terror in His UN Speech
Mahmoud Abbas’ speech to the UN General Assembly reflects the political reality that there is no Palestinian partner today for a settlement with Israel based on compromise.
- Qatar's Support of Hamas and Jihadist Forces
Qatar is unquestionably engaged in international terrorist financing.
- Hamas Policy after Operation “Protective Edge”
Hamas understands that the use of violence and terror does not incur punitive measures against Gaza by the international community.
- Across Time and Death: Iran and the ISIS Challenge
Fierce, radical Sunni-jihadist winds now blow throughout the region, and the jihadists strive (and sometimes also succeed) to breach and erase borders and states.
- The Latest Hamas-Israel Confrontation
The terrorist actions by Hamas are violations of international humanitarian law. International law recognizes Israel's right to defend itself,
- Iran: The Regional Power behind the Hamas War Effort
Since the calm that was achieved after Operation Pillar of Defense in 2012, Iran has been investing heavily in improving the quantity and quality of the rockets in the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) arsenals.
- What Does an "Islamic Caliphate" in Iraq Mean?
As a new regional reality emerges in the Middle East, Israel faces new and more complex security challenges than in the past. These threats sharply focus the issue of defensible borders west of the Jordan River.
- ISIS: Iran’s Instrument for Regional Hegemony?
If Iran fights ISIS, Tehran would be turning against a movement that has been a useful surrogate for its interests.
- The Weak Link in a Nuclear Agreement with Iran
Is it advisable to make a nuclear agreement with Iran that is so highly dependent upon inspections?
- Kurdistan: The Next Flashpoint
Kurdistan - at the tri-border area between Iraq, Syria, and Turkey - may be the new regional flashpoint in the Middle East.
- How the Syrian War is Reshaping the Region
The current political and military upheavals in the Middle East are producing new and far-reaching demographic realities.
- Iran Launches “Hizbullah Syria” Against Israel on Golan
“Hizbullah Syria” is a new vehicle for enhanced Iranian subversion in the Golan Heights
- PA's Ties with Hamas, Islamic Jihad: An Iranian Windfall
With the reconciliation agreement, Abbas is preparing to integrate Hamas and Islamic Jihad into the PLO.